Saliterman & Siefferman attorneys in our labor and employment practice group provide services in all facets of labor relations and employment law. Our labor and employment attorneys are skilled in advising and litigating in all areas including:
- National labor relations regulatory compliance
- Family and medical leave
- Discrimination (such as age, race, gender, disability, and religion)
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour regulation
- Meal and rest period compliance
- Handbook review and drafting
- Employment and non-compete agreements
- Retaliation and whistle blowing
- Prevailing wage compliance
- State and federal agency regulatory compliance
- Bargaining and negotiation
- Management and union disputes
- Unemployment compensation compliance
Our lawyers are experienced in handling employment matters in state and federal courts as well as before local, state, and federal agencies. We bring a knowledgeable and pragmatic approach to both advising our clients on difficult and complex legal compliance matters, and to aggressively represent our clients in litigation, bargaining, and negotiation.
- The Firm successfully represented Defendant and Counterclaimant, radio station against an employee. The case is a national landmark case in the area of intentional infliction of mental distress. The plaintiff an employee brought suit alleging sexual harassment. The jury found that this allegation was without merit and awarded the Saliterman & Siefferman client over $600,000 in damages based upon its counterclaim for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- The Firm successfully represented an advertising firm with respect to allegations by an employee of termination of employment in violation of state whistleblower claims and successfully advanced claims against the employee for misappropriation of trade secrets.
- The Firm has successfully represented businesses, employees and owners, in several other employee or employment litigation; and counseling/negotiation to avoid litigation.